When you think of CBD, sublingual tinctures are probably the first to come to mind. However, CBD is available in various formats, including the popular gummy versions. Gummies are convenient, tasty, and easily portable, making them a rising consumer favorite. Should you consider taking CBD gummies? How are they made, and do they differ from other types of CBD? Continue reading the article below to discover all about CBD gummies.
How are CBD gummies made?
The first part of creating any CBD product is isolating and extracting the CBD from the hemp plant. Historically, solvents or CO2 have accomplished this process, though some companies have recently started experimenting with lipids and steam.
- Solvent extraction: Highly flammable products, like butane or alcohol, are used to dissolve the hemp plant’s contents and isolate CBD. However, this can leave behind unwanted residues.
- CO2 extraction: “CO2 works as a solvent after being exposed to high temperatures and pressure, allowing it to reach a ‘supercritical’ state.” The CO2 method is more expensive but produces a purer product.
The gummy recipes vary by producer, but most will include sugar, gelatin, and flavoring. CBD is infused into the mixture at the end of the cooking process before the candies harden.
What are the types of CBD gummies?
Like CBD tinctures, CBD gummies come in pure isolate, broad-spectrum, and full-spectrum. Their difference involves whether they contain THC, terpenes, and cannabinoids.
- Full-spectrum: Full-spectrum gummies contain all of the natural elements found in cannabis plants, including wellness-boosting terpenes and cannabinoids. Full-spectrum also includes THC, which is the compound that produces the euphoric sensations. However, Full-spectrum products can only contain .3% of THC, which means they will not make you feel high.
- Broad-spectrum: Broad-spectrum gummies contain terpenes and cannabinoids from the cannabis plant, but none to minimal THC.
- CBD isolate: CBD isolate gummies contain only pure CBD without any cannabis compounds, terpenes, or THC.
What are the benefits of CBD gummies?
CBD has long been used to treat an array of ailments, and its beneficial properties are well-documented through scientific studies and anecdotal reviews. Users boast of CBD’s power to influence stress relief, weight loss, energy, sleep, and discomfort, among other things. We’ll discuss a few of the most popular uses below.
- Stress-reducing: 51% of U.S. adults use CBD to help reduce stress, and scientific conclusions back up its success. CBD interacts with serotonin receptors, which help relieve stress. A 2015 study found solid preclinical evidence that CBD was influential in treating stress calming nerves.
- Improves sleep: CBD can also help support a good night’s sleep for reasons similar to its effects on anxiety. Cortisol levels typically peak in the morning, but those with insomnia or sleep disorders often have high cortisol levels in the evening. CBD can decrease cortisol, encouraging users to fall asleep more easily.
- Relieve Discomfort: Endocannabinoid receptors and neurotransmitters alert your brain to discomfort. CBD interacts with these receptors, helping to decrease feelings of discomfort. CBD can also reduce inflammation in those suffering from joint or muscle soreness.
How are CBD gummies different than tinctures?
Both CBD gummies and tinctures come in the same varieties and offer the same benefits. However, there are some differences you will notice between these two forms.
CBD gummies take longer to work than a CBD tincture because the ingredients need to travel through your digestive system before they can take effect. However, you can expect the benefits of a CBD gummy to last for 6-8 hours.
Because they are pre-dosed, CBD gummies are a great way to discover the amount of CBD that works best for you. Some people prefer to start their morning with an optimal dose, while others take small amounts throughout the day.
Lastly, CBD gummies allow users to be discreet. Measuring a tincture dropper, placing it under your tongue, and holding it there for a minute is more evident than popping a gummy. It’s hard to beat the taste and convenience that CBD edibles offer.
Vigilant CBD gummies are pure wellness!
A CBD gummy is only as good as its source, and here at Vigilant, we ensure our CBD products are of the highest quality. We make our CBD gummies from premium American-grown hemp, using CO2 extraction, and with 100% non-GMO ingredients. Plus, their flavor will blow you away. Shop our sports and lifestyle gummy bears today!